Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 1 of All You grocery challenge

This is week 1 of the All You Grocery Challenge from All You magazine!

I took care to plan ahead this week and try to get my spending as slim as possible. I left room for milk and bread runs later in the week, and other ingredients I might find I'm lacking (such as yeast and flour).

I've been grocery shopping once this week to my local Weis Markets and my total was: $47.18

I'll comment on my planning and challenges in a later post, but for now, here is my menu plan:

Breakfasts this week:
  • cereal
  • bagels or english muffins
  • eggs (have some in fridge to use up)
  • bacon (taken out of freezer to use in soup, so now I have to use up the rest)

Lunches:

  • sandwiches
  • soup
  • salads

Dinners (I'll link in any recipes I used where possible):

  • Monday: soup (homemade Ham and Bean), salad and bread
  • Tuesday: salad, stuffed squash, and probably sandwiches for the kids
  • Wednesday: grilled chicken, peas and beans from the garden, rice
  • Thursday: turkey meatloaf, roast carrots and potatoes
  • Friday: leftover night
  • Saturday: soup and salad
  • Sunday: penne ala "not"-ka

1 comment:

Jennie Shutt said...

Wow that bread looks great.